Friday, January 16, 2009

Week #2

Hours:
Monday: 8-2
Tuesday:1-5
Wednesday: 8-2
Thursday:1-5
Friday:8-2

Subtotal 26 hours....50/400 total hours

This week went a whole lot more smoothly then my first week. My main duties this week were to find out when the little league opening day ceremonies were. I had to find this out because we would like for our mascot to go out and make an appearance and be part of the opening day ceremonies and promote the SwampDogs more in the community before the season starts. I called every rec center around Cumberland County and found out that every opening day is April 18th. So since every little league opening day is the same date, we have to pick the sites where we think will be the most traffic on that specific day. I learned how to do appearances as well. This means that when a company or group wants our mascot or a representative to come out to their event we add the event to the appearance book and write who, what, when, where, etc... and get the contact information from the person hosting the event. I attended many sponsorships meetings this week. I attended meetings with Cape Fear Barbeque, Century 21, Monster energy drink, and NWR. It is a good experience to sit down at these meetings and listen to the marketing and advertising lingo. I actually came up with a creative idea for a promotion for Century 21. The idea is that if a SwampDogs player steals home a fan will receive $21,000 towards a new home and the promotion would be called "The Steal of the Century". So i felt like i contributed more this week and gave out my ideas instead of holding back.

No comments:

Post a Comment