Monday, March 2, 2009

Week #8

Monday: 8-12, 2-5
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 8-2
Thursday: 8-12
Friday: 8-2, 7-9
Saturday: 9-12

27 subtotal hours.....197/400

This week we released more players that are playing for the SwampDogs this summer. Some of the players that were released this week are from Illinois, Mount Olive, Muskingum, and Austin Peay. I did the bios for these players and put them on the website. I learned how to add more stuff on the website from the administrator. I called more civic groups, but it seems like they are not there when I call because I leave a message for every group that I have called. I helped decorate a trifold board that was used to advertise the SwampDogs at the FireAntz game. I went to the FireAntz game and there was a booth set up for the the SwampDogs at the game. At the booth, we had kids camp material on the table and a raffle for a Family Four Pack of tickets to a game this summer. People signed up as they passed by the booth to win these tickets. Its a good way to promote the SwampDogs by attending the FireAntz game because it lets the SwampDogs show that they are part of the community and that summer is on the way and the season is about to start. Potentially, sponsors could be at the FireAntz game and might want to promote through us during our season. So its a win-win situation if we have a booth setup at the FireAntz game. On last Friday, I read to 4th and 5th graders at Long Hill Elementary School for a couple of hours for Read Across America day. Before I read the book, I told the kids what I did and told them to come out to games this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment