Monday, February 16, 2009

Week #6

Monday: 8-12:30
Tuesday: 8-10:30
Wednesday: 8-4
Thursday: 8-11
Friday: 9-12
Saturday: 9-12

26 subtotal hours.........149/400 total hours


This week I experienced something that I have never experienced before. I spoke to 200 eigth graders at a middle school on their career day. One of their career counselors called the office and wanted a SwampDogs playerto come speak. But since Swampdogs players do not arrive until the end of May, I was the person to speak. I spoke for about 10-12 minutes about what I do for the SwampDogs and what I would like to be later on in my life. It was a good group of kids to speak to. At the office, I was trying to contact more civic organizations about our speaking opportunities. I also contacted little league coaches around the area so we could figure out how to distribute our fundraising cards to the little league teams. I was in Texas for baseball at the end of the week, but while I had free time I had the chance to knock out some things to do. I had to search the internet for direct mail postcards that we could send out to almost all of the households in certain zip codes of Cumberland County. Direct mail could help the people in Cumberland County know that the summer is on the way and the SwampDogs season is upon them. I administrated the website and added players and their bios from their school's website. I had to call some of the players who haven't turned in their medical info that we need before the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment