Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week #5

Week 5 Hours:
Monday:8-12:30
Tuesday:8-11:30
Wednesday:8-3
Thursday:12-6
Friday:8-2
Saturday:3-7

30 subtotal hours..........123/400 total hours


This week I learned a lot of new skills in the workplace. I attended more meetings of potential long-term partners. This week more businesses decided to advertise with the SwampDogs, even though negotiations were involved but it is better than nothing. I called more civic groups and organizations around Fayetteville because the front office wanted to make themselves available to speak at their monthly meetings to pick up more businesses in Cumberland County. These civic groups and organizations were Downtown Allliance, Fayetteville Professional and Business League, Massey Hill Lions Club, and the Kiwanis club of Fayetteville. I left e-mails and voice messages for each group and they have not contacted me back. Grays Creek Middle School called for a guest speaker to speak at their career day. I am making my first guest speaking appearance Wednesday of this week. I am speaking to 200 eighth graders so I might be nervous but it will be ok I think. I am still promoting the Kids Camp and the High School All-Star Game. Another task I am doing is trying to find out the Little League coaches contact information because the SwampDogs have fundraising cards that they want the little leaguers to sell to make a profit. The fundraising card has many discounts on it for concessions and souveniors at the SwampDogs games. I personally don't like fundraising cards but I guess we will see if it works to make a profit. The card is valued at 65 dollars and the card is being sold for 25 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment